A battery charger provides durability and good performance. Wherever you go, you are constantly surrounded by gadgets. These devices rely on power from batteries. Chargers are identified by their charging speed. A battery and charger must go together like a horse and carriage. Whether it is your mobile phone or vehicle, the use of batteries is evident everywhere.
The importance of a battery lies in the fact is the electricity that it can carry. When the power of the battery is exhausted it can be refilled making it efficient. In this article, we will highlight the functioning of battery chargers by asking the basic question – How battery chargers work?
- DC Power– A battery charger is a DC power supply source. The transformer is used to put down the AC mains input voltage to the required level. This transformer is a high power type which produces high current output.
- Bridge rectifier configuration– This is used to rectify the low voltage AC into DC and further smoothed by a high-value electrolytic capacitor. This DC is fed into an electronic circuit which regulates the voltage into the constant level and applied to the battery under charge. This energy is stored through the internal process of a chemical reaction.
- Voltage– In automatic battery charger, a voltage sensor circuit is incorporated to sense the voltage of the battery under charge. The charger automatically switches off when the battery level reaches the optimum level.
What is a household battery charger?
In order to keep the batteries fully charged for a greater amount of time and make certain its longevity you need to be sure that you are charging with the best household battery charger available. For charging your AA and AAA batteries a small portable household battery charger is needed. There are several factors you need to know before purchasing:
- Number of batteries it holds– The number of batteries you need to charge at a single time will greatly influence your choice while looking for a household battery charger.
- What battery size will charger support?– Most battery chargers are compatible with AA and AAA batteries. The kind of battery you use will determine the charger you buy.
- Does it have a charge indicator and auto shut-off?– Some chargers have lights or LCD which indicates the charging. You may want to look out for charger with auto shut-off feature so that your battery does not overcharge. Enegitech’s Arlo battery charger promises to fully charge your battery within 2-3 hours. It is equipped with LED indicators showing different charging status.
- Socket-type– This depends upon where or what type of wall socket you have in your house. You must consider the socket type available and supplied operating voltage for your region before buying a charger. Besides, using a Universal battery charger is extremely preferable as an external battery pack. This is increasingly used battery packs that function without being plugged into a conventional wall charger for each use. They function like a super battery that can use its charge to charge other devices. Most Universal battery chargers utilize USB or lightning ports to connect with a large variety of devices.
Using an inferior charger will damage your batteries, therefore we recommend you to always buy a quality and reliable product. You might get confused by the number of chargers available in stores, so we, by this article have mentioned the promising product which will help you fulfill your wish to buy. So now you must have a familiarity with the working of battery chargers.